Recently, I posted a picture of me with my edges popping. On a serious note, hair loss, especially around the edges is a common occurrence for women, especially black women. Many things can damage edges including stress, genes, diet and too tight protective styling. So make sure to give your edges some love.
- Water hydrates the hair and body. It helps regulate the circulatory system, which feeds the hair follicle, which then stimulates hair growth.
- Castor oil is a great oil to promote hair growth and control hair loss. Castor oil carries ricinoleic acid and omega-6, which accelerate blood circulation the scalp, hence increasing hair growth. It also fights scalp infections and dandruff.
- Shea butter is a natural ingredients that is great for nourishing hair. It also has inflammatory properties which help to heal the scalp to re-grow.
- Coconut oil stimulates hair growth and is a natural way to help your hair grow longer, thicker, and faster. The vitamins and essential fatty acids naturally found in coconut oil nourish the scalp and help to remove sebum build-up from hair follicles.
- Essential oil, such as peppermint oil, can help stimulate hair growth because of its ability to increase blood circulation around the scalp.
Maintaining Your Edges
To stop breakage and maintain your edges, try managing your stress, eating foods that nourish your body, loosening up the styles that may cause tension on the scalp and wearing silk or satin around your edges at night.
It’s time we took better care of our hairlines, pay attention to our hair needs and take the time to treat and repair our hair.
Share this post
- 2 comments
- Tags: Butter Cream Hair Growth, Hair care, Joeny Satin Edge Band, natural hair care products